Provides patient care as directed and is accountable for own actions under provided direction. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Collects patient data by observing patient health status to include physical, psychosocial, spiritual, education and environmental issues of the patient from multiple sources including family, other healthcare team members and the medical record.
- Assists with planning and evaluating patient care.
- Implements the plan of care as directed by the provider or RN using flexible approaches based on identified needs and resources.
- Administers medication as prescribed.
- Provides and reinforces the teaching of individuals and groups of patients.
- Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.