Oncology Registered Nurse works in a clinic setting. The person in this position will coordinate and provide care utilizing the critical thinking framework known as the nursing process. The nursing process forms the foundation of the nurse's decision making to help partner with patients/families to attain, maintain and restore health whenever possible. Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Collects all forms of assessment data that are relevant to the patient's condition and age in a systematic and ongoing process.
- Develops an individualized plan based on the patient's condition, age, and needs.
- Implements the plan of care in a safe and timely manner.
- Evaluates the patient's response to care and the progress towards expected outcomes/goals.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Provides patient, family, and/or significant other health teaching/education.
- Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
- Communicates/collaborates with others in providing patient care.
- Provides clinical leadership by assigning tasks or delegates care based on the appropriate needs of the patient and the knowledge and skill of the provider selected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (No weekends, No holidays)